Saturday, February 21, 2015

Lovely Lines

Hey guys! First, I would like to apologize for my absence these past few weeks. I can't believe I haven't posted since the beginning of this month! These past few weeks/months have been so hectic! School started back up again, and I have definitely been feeling lazy. Also, last week I had some sort of virus where I felt like my throat was rebelling against me and my teeth were going to fall out. Not the most fun week of my life, but it's over now! So, I'll quit with the excuses and get on with the post!

I have to admit, I've been in a bit of a slump lately. Not just with reading, but everything. I've been watching way too much Netflix, and not much of anything else. But alas! I am back and ready to write!
For some reason, I picked up a paper the other day, and creativity struck! More like procrastination. I'd heard of the poems made by blanking words out of other work. I think people call them blackout poems. I don't know if that makes exact sense, but we did it as an exercise in my creative writing class last year. If you've read Vicious by V. E. Schwab, I'm pretty sure one of the characters does this. Don't quote me on that though!
I took a whack at it with an article from The New York Times. It's not remotely good or anything, but it was still a fun little thing to do.
If you'v ever tried to do something like this, let me know!


     *Last two are not mine





No comments:

Post a Comment