Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Local Library Sale


                                                              Happy almost Halloween!
A local library was having a huge book sale all weekend and on the last day you could fill a grocery bag with books for $1. So I went a bit crazy. We got there about 10 minutes before they were shutting down, so we didn't have very much time to look, and we ended up just grabbing a bunch of random books to fill the bag. I ended up getting all of these for 50 cents because I split the bag with someone else. I haven't gotten a chance to read any of them yet, so I don't really know much about any of the books. Let me know if you have read or heard of any of these! I love to hear your opinions!


1. Gideon's Trumpet by Anthony Lewis
I remember watching a movie about this case in my AP Government class in my junior year of high school, so I was really interested when I saw this on the table. I sort of know the backstory of the case, so I'm really interested in learning a bit more. Plus, I absolutely love the look of the book! I'm pretty sure it said it was published in 1964.

2. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
I actually borrowed this book from a friend a year ago, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I started it and only got about 20 pages in before I put it down. I'm happy to have my own copy because I've heard so many great things about this book. Also, I can finally return my borrowed copy!

3. Sarah by Marek Halter
I'm not going to lie here. I only picked up this book because the title is my name. From reading the description, I think it's about a privileged woman who runs away from an arranged marriage and meets a man, Abram. Later, she returns to her home and faces her future, and years later the man she met when she ran away finds her. Basically, it follows Sarah and Abram's story. I don't know much about this book, but hopefully it's a good read.

4. Love and Summer by William Trevor
I honestly have no idea what this book is about. I just picked it up for the pretty cover I think it's a romance that takes places in Ireland. Sounds good to me.

5.  The Far Side of the World by Patrick O'Brien
Once again, no idea what this is about. Apparently it's a national bestseller and is a major motion picture. I had no idea. From just reading the back, I guess it's about a captain in a navy. Hmm. Not sure if I'll be a fan of this one, but I'll have to read it to find out!

6. American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld
I think this book is about a First Lady, and her life in the White House. I think it follows her before she met her husband and then follows her into her time as the First Lady. Sounds interesting enough for me! I love reading about Jackie Kennedy, and all her struggles, so I hope I'll like this one!

7. The Dog Crisis by Iris Nowell
I just like dogs, and I picked this up right as I was about to leave. I wanted to fill my bag all the way, so I just grabbed it. If I'm being honest, I probably won't read this one. Is that bad? Oh well.













No comments:

Post a Comment