Tuesday, October 14, 2014

What I'm Reading


              I am currently in the middle of All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. I'm around page 100, and so far I am loving it! It's taking me awhile to get through because I haven't had time to just sit down a read for a long period of time. I've been reading this book in short little spurts. The one good things about that is the fact that this is the perfect book for it. The chapters are super duper short and they switch back and forth between the two main characters. Everything is very easy to follow, despite the fact that I've been picking this book up pretty sporadically.
             The story follows a blind girl named Marie Laure, who lives in Paris, and a young German boy named Werner. The story is historical fiction, taking place around World War II. Somehow, their stories become intertwined and an unlikely bond forms. So far, the writing has been absolutely beautiful, without being dull for a moment. I can't say for sure, but I think I will definitely recommend this book. I'll post a review when I'm finished with it to let you know! Plus, isn't this cover so stunning? Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment