Friday, November 21, 2014

November Book Haul

Soooo.... I meant to post this a week ago. But with the end of the semester coming up, of course all of my classes are piling on the work. But it's finally Friday and I can post this! I'm so glad this week is over with. It's been absolute torture. Okay, enough rambling and complaining!

This is a collective haul from the past few weeks. My mom came to visit me last weekend, and she offered to take me to Barnes and Noble. Of course, I didn't object..
Let me know if you have any thoughts about any of these books! I love comments!

1. The Little Prince by Saint Exupery
I read this book last year in my French class. I didn't really pay very much attention though, because I was definitely done with high school by then. This is an english version, so hopefully I can get a little more out of it this time. I do sort of regret not getting the hardcover edition with the beautiful illustrations. This one is just in black and white.

2. No Matter the Wreckage by Sarah Kay
I can't tell you how long I've been wanting this book! I love Sarah Kay's spoken word poetry, so I was    ecstatic about this one. The cover is gorgeous. I've already read a few of the poems, and they are amazing as always. Also, this is the kind of poetry that everyone can appreciate. You don't have to spend hours just trying to figure out what she's saying. It's blunt and beautiful.

3. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
I never read this in high school, even though a lot of people have. I recently went to a reading where someone read an excerpt from this book, and I found it pretty interesting. I don't think it was written to terribly long ago, so hopefully this will be a quick read.

4. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
I feel like I'm the last person on the planet to get their hands on this book. I've loved all the other books in this series, so I can't wait to dive into this one! My winter break is coming up, so I think I'm just going to hole up for a day or two and fly through this one. Any thoughts from people who've already read it?

5. In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken
This was definitely the book I was most excited for. I absolutely love this series, so as soon as I bought this book, I had to start reading it. So far, I'm a little over halfway into it. I'm liking it as of right now. Not much has happened, but it's still good. Not gonna lie, I'm always waiting for the scenes with Liam in them. He's adorable.






3 comments:

  1. I haven't even started Throne of Glass yet. (Or Darkest Minds) Both sound really good though! I heard that In the Afterlight was slow. Nice haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both some of my favorite series! In the Afterlight was a bit slow at time, but I still really enjoyed it. Lot's of cute and sassy dialogue, which is my favorite! I thought it was a solid third book.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete