Thursday, November 6, 2014

Update: Nanowrimo 2014


National Novel Writing Month has officially started! Which means my life is absolutely crazy busy right now. I thought I'd just post a little update about what's going on! So bear with me!
If you don't know what Nanowrimo is, definitely check out the link. Essentially, you just try to write 50,000 words in one month. It's definitely not as easy as it sounds. Actually, it doesn't even sound easy. It's a great adventure and challenge!

I know that I just started actively posting on the blog, but I'm afraid that I won't have as much time to post this month because of Nanowrimo. I will still definitely be posting, just not as often. With school, homework, this blog, Nanowrimo, and my procrastination problems, there will definitely be a lot of late nights. 

Now that I've gotten my ranting out of the way... is there anyone out there participating in Nanowrimo?! Despite how much I complain, I think the program is so great! It pushes me to write more, even when I want to be lazy. While it does get some criticism, I think the program does what it is designed to do. Rather than worrying about editing and big ideas, people can just write, without judging themselves. Just get your words onto the paper. Or screen. Even if you don't make it to 50,000 words, I still think it's important that you're getting your ideas out.
So if you aren't doing Nanowrimo, start now! It's not too late, and you might as well try it! Last year was my first attempt, and I didn't make it to the word count, but I was still proud of what I accomplished. Hopefully, I can make it this year, but I'm not so sure it's gonna happen. I'll try my best!
If you are doing Nanowrimo, leave a comment! I would love to talk about your ideas, or anything!
Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment